Councils & Committees
Curtis Schares - Chair
Kelli Even - Secretary
The pastoral council offers counsel to and collaborates with the pastor to provide the long-range planning which will guide the parish toward its future.
1. To facilitate a process by which the mission of the parish is determined and to serve asstewards of that mission.
2. To implement the mission by engaging in pastoral planning, which includes assessing parish needs, identifying resources, determining priorities.
3. To collaborate with the finance council to maintain appropriate stewardship in implementing the mission of the parish.
The officers of the pastoral council are: the pastor, the chair, the vice chair, and the secretary.
Sue O'Loughlin - Chair
Monica Bengston - Secretary
1. To assist the pastor in facilitating the liturgical prayer of the community.
2. To nourish and give direction to the liturgical worship of the parish, including the elementsof spirituality, music, environment, liturgical ministers, and attention to liturgical norms.
Faith Formation Commission
To develop and oversee a comprehensive catechetical plan for the parish to provide for the lifelong faith formation and catechesis of all its members as described in the GeneralDirectory for Catechesis and the National Directory for Catechesis.
To encourage parishioners to exercise stewardship as an expression of gratitude to God and as a way of life for disciples of Christ.
Social Justice Committee
Judee Alexander - Chair
Marcia Sproul - Vice Chair
Kayla Rohlfsen - Secretary
1. To continue the ministry of Jesus by service to marginalized persons and persons with special needs.
2. To promote and coordinate programs which will promote justice and charity in full measure
3. To provide opportunities for parishioners to respond to the social needs of today.
Parish Life Committee
1. To offer welcome to new parishioners and to foster a sense of belonging for all parishioners.
2. To provide activities which both build and strengthen community within the parish and in its outreach efforts.
3. To assist the pastor in the pastoral care of the parish community.
Nicole Weber - Chair
Nate Clayberg - Vice Chair
Ray Burke - Secretary
1. The finance council has as its primary purpose to support the parish participation in the fourfold mission of Jesus Christ to celebrate faith, proclaim the Gospel, build community, and serve the needy.
2. The finance council serves as an advisory body to the pastor and the pastoral council regarding the administration and stewardship of human resources, parish facilities, and parish finances, including the annual budget and long-range financial development. The finance council is a consultative body that enables the parish to live its mission by prudent and lawful stewardship of all resources.
3. The finance council has as its responsibility the obligation of planning, providing for, and supervising the financial affairs and the physical properties of the parish. It is concerned with the budget, stewardship, church support, and the effective utilization and maintenance of the parish plant. This council provides the necessary administrative and financial skills needed to sustain the mission and ongoing development of the parish community.
4. The members of the finance council work in communion with the pastor and the pastoral council of the parish to accomplish the mission of the Church as articulated in the parish mission statement. The finance council assists the pastor in the appropriate administration and stewardship of parish facilities, finances, and personnel for the purpose of supporting the parish and of furthering its mission.
623 Stevens | PO Box 316 | Jesup, IA 50648 | Phone: (319) 827-6682 | Fax: (319) 827-1124